Safety and Compliance Manager
ForTec Medical, Streetsboro, Ohio
ForTec Medical, an industry leader in delivering mobilized surgical technologies within the broadest array of lasers, is seeking a Safety and Compliance Manager. Located in Northeast Ohio, ForTec has experienced explosive growth throughout the U.S. over the last three decades. Our network of service centers stretches coast-to-coast, now serving customers in more than 40 states.
We are seeking a passionate safety leader to develop, manage and execute company-wide safety initiatives covering employee safety from coast-to-coast. Additional responsibilities include managing a variety of ForTec compliance programs. This highly collaborative position is a great opportunity for a high energy, creative, and results oriented safety professional.
- Develop, implement, and lead a proactive comprehensive workplace safety program responsive to Company trends and regulatory requirements.
- Analyze and identify safety issues and trends. Develop and execute effective solutions that can be implemented across a multi-state environment.
- Engage employees in the safety process. Lead a Safety Committee to identify safety opportunities, best practices, and solutions.
- Act as a first responder point of contact for all accidents and injuries and serves as the liaison for all involved parties.
- Manage all vehicle accident and worker’s compensation claims. Partner with insurance carriers and third parties to effectively manage claims.
- Conduct root cause investigations into all company accidents and injuries. Develop local and company-wide corrective actions.
- Participate in insurance claims meetings, taking a lead role in presenting ForTec’s safety programs and initiatives.
- Evaluate equipment and movement of equipment to identify and prevent safety hazards.
- Create employee safety awareness through effective communications and initiatives.
- Write, communicate and maintain safety policies and procedures.
- Establish annual safety goals and metrics, regularly reporting on progress.
- Collaborate with the Training Department to partner on safety training initiatives, documentation, and delivery. Develop and deliver new hire safety orientation.
- Develop and execute safety recognition and reward programs.
- Manage compliance of specific healthcare related requirements.
- Manage all safety regulatory requirements and compliance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in safety or a business related field; nationally recognized safety professional certification a plus
- Minimum 5 years progressive experience developing and implementing safety programs
- Multi-state / multi-facility safety experience
- Experience in Worker’s Compensation rules and claims management
- Strategic minded while being very hands on to resolve day-to-day issues
- Ability to identify, analyze, resolve and follow-up on problems effectively and urgently
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, presentation, and written communication skills
- Excellent planning, prioritization and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Experience managing projects from beginning to end, meeting deadlines and objectives
- Proficient knowledge in Microsoft applications: Excel, Word, and Power Point
- Ability to occasionally travel, including potential overnight travel
Benefits & Rewards
ForTec invests in our employee’s well-being by offering a generous and comprehensive benefits program. We carefully choose benefits that invest in our team’s total well-being, offering a variety of choices that provide value and assist in supporting employees and their families.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with generous company match
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Wellness Initiatives and Rewards
How to Apply