POSITION: Global Safety Manager
JOB LOCATION: US-OH-Beachwood
JOB ID: 2018-1415 Function Safety, Health, Environment & Security (SHE&S)
LINK TO ORIGINAL POSTING: Click Here
Who is OMNOVA Solutions?
OMNOVA Solutions is a specialty chemicals and functional surfaces company, whose technologies enhance the performance of a wide variety of well-known products across the globe. We are proud to offer “The Science in Better Brands.”
What are theylooking for?
The Global Manager, Safety provides global leadership, support and guidance in the areas of safety, health and security for OMNOVA Solutions. Position is responsible to cultivate, promote and continuously improve safety culture across OMNOVA. The role establishes and maintains internal safety standards and assures rigorous oversight processes to meet regulatory/compliance requirements, improve performance, and enable effective risk reduction/management. This position reports to Vice President SHE&S and Product Compliance.
Your tasks and responsibilities…
- Support development, implementation, and continuous improvement of enterprise-wide SH&S strategy and programs consistent with industry best practices including, tools, training, and governance. Ensure ongoing effectiveness of safety management system. Develop annual company safety and health goals.
- Establish and maintain an effective collaboration and mentoring network among all safety professionals. Leverage knowledge, personnel, best practices, and resources across the organization.
- Promote safety awareness through internal company communications, newsletters and specific training programs.
- Prepare and update written safety, health and security programs and policies.
- Identify company-wide safety training needs, and develop and coordinate associated safety training programs.
- Understand federal, state and regional occupational safety and health regulations and monitors regulatory changes as they occur. Provide technical support and guidance to ensure compliance with applicable safety, health and security regulations.
- Review, manage and evaluate SH&S audit system; perform SH&S audits; ensure implementation of audit recommendations.
- Oversee investigation of SH&S incidents including root cause analysis; recommend corrective and preventative actions; ensure implementation of these actions. Implement and manage a global process for effective communication and tracking of compliance status and incidents and associated corrective/preventive actions.
- Review, assess and make recommendations regarding capital investments including risks, benefits, and costs. Support plants/engineering to implement engineering controls to minimize safety and occupational health hazards.
- Manage overall security programs including physical site, supply chain, transportation and personnel security.
- Manage Company compliance with U.S. Department of Homeland Security/Chemical Security Assessment protocols and U.S. Customs – Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (C-TPAT) program.
- Collaborate with Risk Management Department, facilities and property insurers to identify, evaluate and manage open risk management recommendations.
- Serve as member of the executive SHE&S committee.
Who you are…
- Self-motivated and results oriented; demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, and team facilitation skills.
- Strong influencing skills across the organization and with all levels of employees
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Courage to take on and advocate for contrary points of view at all levels of the organization
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Familiarity with safety/risk management information systems
- Ability to work effectively in a matrixed organization
- Willingness and ability to be on-call for emergencies
- Willingness and ability to travel 25%-50% of the time, domestic and international
- Proficient in MS Office Applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- CSP certification
- Responsible Care Management System Experience
- Process Safety Management experience
The science of better careers. Come formulate yours.
Bring your ingredients for success and together we’ll create a unique plan for your development and career growth. We recognize that without our talented employees and their passion and curiosity (which really are the backbone of our organization), we would not be where we are today. Click here to learn more about why you should join OMNOVA.