- Fall Protection Training
March 27, 2018 - March 28, 2018
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Presented by the training staff from Miller Fall Protection
DATE: Tuesday and Wednesday, March 27-28, 2018
Participation at this event qualifies for one Ohio BWC Safety Council Rebate Program external training credit with submission of certificate of attendance to your Safety Council sponsor by June 30. 1.5 CEUs awarded by ASSE.
FALL PROTECTION COMPETENT PERSON TRAINING – Course Summary
This two-day intermediate level course is designed for facility and site supervisors who must also serve as the competent person required by OSHA 1926.32(f), 1926.500 and 1910 standards, as well as Canadian provincial standards. Participants are assigned tasks which require evaluation for fall hazards. The tasks are described using real-life site photos. The training provides more detailed coverage of the Fall Prevention & Protection Supervisor Training course materials and the following program topics. The course also supplies the participant with the knowledge and skills to perform the annual inspection and record keeping.
- Overview of Fall Prevention and Protection
- The Need for Fall Protection
- Hazard Analysis (Recognition of hazards. Evaluation criteria. Control measures)
- Fall Prevention vs. Protection
- General Principles of Fall Protection [Fall clearance calculations,Total fall distance calculations, Minimizing fall forces (live demonstrations) Personal Fall Arrest Systems (Hands-on exercises), Inspection procedures, Donning procedures, Fit test, Selection, application and care of equipment]
- Fall Protection on Aerial Lifts and Ladders Rescue [Fall victim – First on the scene – Self-rescue and assisted self-rescue Fall Hazard Task Evaluation (Exercise requiring hazard analysis) Subpart M (Exercise) Competent Person Inspection (Hands-on Practicum)]
Registration is closed, course is sold-out.